- Log Homes are made to a higher standard & superior craftsmanship, because of this, log homes regularly appraise higher.
- Compared to a cold piece of drywall, wood is warm to the touch, plus its thermal mass, so solid wood is energy efficient, keeping temperatures inside the home comfortable year around.
- Log homes are manufactured & designed to be 15-20% more efficient than a conventional home.
- Log homes are sturdy, stand up well to the elements, & generally can last hundreds of years.
- Noise in a Log homes doesn’t travel like it does in a stick-built home, so it’s usually quieter & so there is more privicy within the home, from not only the outside but the rooms next door.
- One last major benefit, is that it’s easy to maintain log homes & keep them free of mold, mildew, & insect infestations.
As a whole, the pros far outweigh the cons when it comes to choosing a log home. Whether it’s for your primary residence, or a vacation rental.